Great News


Here is some very good news!

Medicare is likely to cover at least some of your chiropractic care.

We prepared this brochure because Medicare handles Chiropractic Care differently for medical treatment. Here's how to take advantage of your chiropractor benefits under Medicare Part B.


Redding chiropractor

Natural Results

Regardless of Medicare Care coverage, we promise to make the recommendations that can best help you. We'll do everything we can to make your chiropractic care affordable.

We look forward to showing you ways to get well and stay well. Naturally. Without drugs or surgery.


Your Coverage

Medicare only covers the cost of Chiropractic adjustments designed to help correct vertebral subluxation. This is when bones of the spinal column lose their normal motion and position. The resulting nerve involvement can have far-ranging health effects. If you have a Medicare replacement plan, your coverage may be different from traditional Medicare. We will help confirm your benefits.

The Examination

An examination is necessary to identify the presence of vertebral subluxation. Medicare requires this. Medicare does not pay for the cost of the exam or any needed x-rays.


Your Responsibility

Regardless of the type of doctor you see,  Medicare requires you to pay an annual deductible amount. Then, you'll be responsible for a 20% co-payment for the cost of each Chiropractic adjustment. Medicare will pay the remaining 80% of the cost of adjustments that Medicare deems medically necessary.


Medical Necessity

For Medicare to pay for your adjustments, they must be “medically necessary.”

that means:

  1. your adjustments must relate directly to your specific Health complaint,
  2. your adjustments must hold the promise of making functional improvements, and
  3. you must follow your chiropractor's specific plan for active treatment.

Functional Improvement

Instead of judging your progress simply by how you feel,  Medicare wants to see an improved function. That means the restored ability to turn, bend, walk, sleep and generally perform your daily activities.

once Improvement stops Medicare coverage stops. That's because they consider further care to be maintenance care and expect you to self-pay.

Maintenance Care

Medicare does not pay for chiropractic care to maintain your progress or help prevent problems. For most patients see the wisdom of some type of Wellness care, but it has not paid for it. Recognizing the value of protecting their Improvement, many opt to self-pay.


Excluded Services

We only recommend the care that is clinically appropriate. That might include other procedures such as massage, traction or other therapies. Medicare does not pay for these, nor do they pay for adjustments to your wrist, ankle or other extremity. Sometimes these procedures may be covered by any supplemental insurance you may have.

Time of service discounts or membership in a discount medical plan May reduce your out-of-pocket expense.


Maximum Improvement

The number of adjustments covered by Medicare varies. He's based on the severity of your conditions. Sometimes (but not Medicare),  you may pay for the care of yourself.


Our participation

Our practice is a non-participating Medicare provider. That means, on each visit we will collect our fee from you ( set by Medicare)  for the Chiropractic adjustment. Then, we will bill Medicare. They will reimburse you 80% up to the dollar limit they said. If you have supplemental insurance, it may assume some or all of your 20% co-payment and exclude services.